Do they flake even when you take your trousers off and even get to the point of itchy sometimes?
You’re not alone as we see this a lot when treating our clients and so we through it was time to share our recommendations with you guys too as we know how frustrating this can be.
Before we suggest a treatment it makes sense for you to try and find out the cause. So have a read below and see if any of those mentioned resonate with you.
Common causes of Dry Skin on the legs Includes:
- Genetically Dry skin. As a whole your skin is dry especially on your Lower Legs, elbows and hands tend to be more susceptible to changes in humidity and temperature, causing dry skin.
- Cold weather: When the weather gets cold, your heating at home or work often lowers the humidity level. This can dry out your skin and make it itch.
- Age. As you get older, your skin doesn’t hold moisture the way it used to. This can result in dry, itchy skin.
- Over Exfoliation: Over Exfoliating is just as bad a not exfoliating. Too much exfoliation will strip the natural oils from your skin causing further dryness.
Other issues that dry out your skin:
- Bathing with hot water
- Cleansing with harsh soaps / scrubs containing alcohols, fragrance or sulphates (sls)
- Lack of Omega 3 (holds in moisture)
The first step is to identify which might be causing your dryness. If it’s not related to an underlying health condition, here are some basic steps you can do yourself including:
- Shortening your bathing time and reducing the temperature you wash with
- Using Sulphate Free Body Wash (SLS)
- Moisturizing after your bath or shower
- Drinking enough water each day to stay properly hydrated
- Increasing Omega 3
Products we recommend:
- Waxperts Wonder Pads– The star ingredient of this product is Salicylic Acid, a Beta-Hydroxy Acid which exfoliates skin without the need for harsh scrubs. Plus they are great for treating and preventing ingrown hairs, spots, bug bites and much more. RRP £9.99
- Eve Taylor Rescue & Repair Body Moisturiser – A skin drenching blend of hyaluronic acid and chamomile helps restore the skin’s natural radiance by combining nourishment with protection. RRP £18.50
- Amazing Exfoliating Mitt: Our uniquely woven exfoliating mitt effortlessly buffs away dead skin cells leaving your skin beautifully soft and rejuvenated with no products needed! RRP £6.00
We guarantee if you make some lifestyle changes along with adding in our product recommendations your legs will thank you for it. You’ll notice less flaking along with smoother and radiant skin.
Drop in and see us for more information or to discuss any of the products mentioned above or call us on: 02838318280
Best Beauty salon in County Armagh and County Down. Located within 15 mins of Newry, Banbridge , Gilford and Tandragee.